What Is A Denton Parks Foundation Ambassador?
Ambassadors are trained volunteers who act as representatives for the Denton Parks Foundation. Our Ambassador program provides a unique and meaningful volunteer experience, allowing residents to promote the quality, sustainability and growth of our city’s parks. Ambassadors have the flexibility and opportunity to share their energy, talents, and strengths at their own pace all while making a difference in our community.
AS AN AMBASSADOR YOU WILL:
- Expand DPF’s capacity to participate in community events across the city
- Increase awareness about the Denton Parks Foundation and educate others on the resources we offer
- Assist DPF in recruiting more volunteers and be a catalyst for increasing community engagement
- Allow us to address needs, and invest appropriate resources, in diverse communities
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
Our eligibility requirements help us ensure that volunteers can successfully represent the Denton Parks Foundation. Eligible ambassadors need to:
- Have a passion for strengthening the Denton parks system and desire to unite people of over parks and play
- Be 18 or older
- Have reliable transportation and ability to carry and bring outreach supplies to events
- Commit to participating in a minimum of two outreach/tabling events per year
- Agree to a one-year minimum commitment
- Complete our online application and training process
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Because being an ambassador requires a deeper level of commitment we want to show our gratitude for your involvement, every ambassador will receive:
- Unique DPF merchandise
- Networking and educational opportunities unavailable to general volunteers
- Advance invitations to volunteer at DPF related events
- Invitation to DPF volunteer appreciation events